
Instead of heading home after our Saratoga trip, we figured that we were already half way to Ft. Collins and would head the rest of the way for some more fun!! We love going and staying with Kay and Dennis, we always have a super fun time and the kids love it! I was a very successful school shopping mother (with the help of Dennis offering to keep all three kids:) Kay and I found some great deals and pretty much got everything they needed except for their shoes, which we found the next time out with the kids. It always feels great to see that you saved MORE than you spent!!




In between our shopping trips we played outside and the kids swam in the little pool and rode their bikes. One night we went to Chuck E Cheeses which is always a huge hit with the kids.


Tuesday morning Kay, Rebecca, the kids and myself got up and headed to Denver to check out the Butterfly Pavilion. It was AWESOME! There were butterflies flying everywhere and a couple of them even landed on us:)



While we were there we were able to see 3 butterflies come out of their chrysalis, Kolten thought that was the neatest thing ever:) Kaylee's favorite part was holding Rosie the tarantula, she went back in line three different times!! Everyone, except for Kolby, took their turn holding Rosie. I didn't love the idea but didn't want to seem like a wimp in front of my kids either:)

There were also a lot of really creepy insects there that totally made our skin crawl, and some starfish that we were also able to touch. At the end of our stay at the Butterfly Pavilion, they had a butterfly release. They released all of the butterflies that had hatched that morning. That was really neat and we saw some very beautiful butterflies that live all around the world!









We had such a great time and can't wait to think of an excuse to get back there again soon:)
5 comments:
What a fun trip. Seeing the butterflies looked so neat. Let us know when you think of that excuse & we'll invite ourselves along!!!! j/k Tiff :D
The Butterfly Pavilion looks so fun - I wish I could take my kindergartners there! I've never held a tarantula either, you are all so brave! Glad you had a good shopping trip - you know what a Kohl's fan I am!
Whoa you guys have been busy! The butterfly thing looks aweome, I can't believe Kaylee held a tarantula and you too! I hope Kaylee had a great birthday and we need to see her and give her her present.
I am so jealous of all of the fun you are having. Wish we could have been there. The butterflies look so fun!
That looks like so much fun! But I could never hold that huge spider! Grose!
Post a Comment