Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Thank Goodness for Super Glue

Not even 24 hrs after getting his very handsome haircut Kolby cut his eye open! He was following me around all morning crying because he didn't get to go and feed cows with Shane. I will admit that I was starting to get slightly irritated and decided to put him up on my bed while I was cleaning my bedroom. He LOVES to be up on my bed for some strange reason. Well, it worked. The crying ceased and he was happy to be up on my bed playing around. You can only guess what happened next......Yep, he rolled off of the side and hit his eye on the dresser! It was one of those things where you are RIGHT there but can't stop what is happening. I picked him up and knew that it was pretty bad but handled it quite well. Some of you may know that I don't tolerate blood all that well:)

Kaylee was a great help. I was holding Kolby and she would run and get me whatever I asked her to. We tried to call Shane, but of course the one day we need to get ahold of him, his cell phone was on the kitchen counter. I called my mother in law and told her the situation and she drove up in the field and got Shane. By the time Shane got home Kolby was done crying, the cut was cleaned out, and he was back to playing:) We decided to super glue the cut together. I held his head still, while Shane did the glueing. He recovered very well and kept holding the washrag up to his eye and saying "oww!" It didn't swell or bruise very much at all, hopefully we did a good enough job that it won't leave too big of a scar!

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Ah so sad! When Peyt had the stitches in his face we had to put sunscreen and Merderma for kids for a year so the scar wouldn't be so bad-anyway if your other two haven't had any cuts on the face like that!

Brittany said...

Poor Kobly. It doesn't look too bad. His haircut is super cute. Yours looks great too!