Monday, February 23, 2009

Kolten Wrestling

I can't believe that Kolten is already old enough and interested enough to wrestle! We let him do a wrestling camp the last couple of weeks and tonight they had their "tournament." It was fun for the kids and not too strict so they could wear regular gym clothes and shoes. He actually did pretty well and beat both of the kids that he wrestled. Everyone got a medal for participating (which was the main reason why he went tonight:) He isnt a very aggressive kid at heart, but surprised me a little tonight! Good Job Kolten!!!
Tonight was the first night that I was able to go and watch him because I had been attending to Kaylee the other nights he had practice. I am glad that I was able to see him. It was fun seeing him wrestle and get excited about his medal. It also gave me a glimpse of how busy my life could become in the next few years!
He seemed to enjoy wrestling, but we are calling it quits for this year. It may be a little selfish on my part, but I really don't want to have to take him to practice during the week and the tournaments on the weekend by myself. It is a little hard to do things like this with small children and Shane working shift work. I feel like we will have many more years ahead to get all of that in. Plus, Kolten isnt begging to go back:) Here are a few pictures I was able to get of him...he is growing up WAY too fast!!!





















P.S. Kaylee went for her follow up EKG and blood work last Wednesday and things are starting to get back to normal. She was able to cut down on her aspirin and only has to take 1/2 of a baby aspirin a day, which is MUCH better than the 16 she was taking before! We go back again in 6 weeks and are hoping things continue to get better and that she can be done with the aspirin. She still isnt 100%, but is getting a little better every day. Thanks to everyone who thought and prayed for us, we couldn't have done it without ya!

5 comments:

Kristy & Miguel said...

Wow Kolten is getting old way to fast! I'm glad Kaylee is doing better!

Josh and Alayna said...

Way to go! That is awesome that he likes it and did so well. I don't think you should feel bad about giving it a break, he has many more years! I am glad Kaylee is getting better everyday.

Brittany said...

Kolten seems so old in those pictures. He is growing up to be quite the little man. I am so glad Kaylee is feeling better.

Marsha said...

I was so impressed with Kolten's wrestling. His first pin was so fast I blinked and almost missed it! I did feel a little bad for the other kids though - he didn't know what happened!

BTW Kolten said he will pick basketball over wrestling in high school. Don't tell Papa!

Kaylee has her energy and attitude back - it's good to see the "old" Kaylee again, even if she is a handful!

jonisill said...

How fun! He looks so grown up! I am glad Kaylee is doing better. Thank goodness for great pediatritians! :)