Thursday, December 16, 2010

A Little Pre-Christmas Fun

We took the kids down to Ogden (aka The North Pole according to Kolby) Tuesday night. Karter was scheduled for his 2 week check-up bright and early Wednesday morning and we decided that instead of stressing about getting everyone up, dressed and to Ogden by 9am we would just go down a little early and stay at a hotel. It was so much fun and we were glad we went early. It stormed Tuesday night and the roads were closed most of Wednesday morning. We got a great deal on our hotel room and had the pool all to ourselves, can't beat that!! The kids absolutely loved it and swam forever. Karter and I watched from the sidelines, but still had a great time:)

Wednesday morning we got up and headed to Karters doctors appointment. He is doing super. He weighted 7 lbs 12oz. After our appointment we headed to the mall to try and find Santa. Kolby was so excited he could hardly stand it. His eyes lit up when he spotted him and literally went running to him with open arms the second he got off the elevator. It was sooooo cute! Luckily there wasn't anyone waiting in line and Santa met him half way with open arms and scooped him up and carried him back to his chair. It melted my heart. Those are the precious moments that I love most about being a mom. The kids were able to get their Christmas shopping done too and had a blast doing it. We had so much fun spending time together. The kids are already asking when we can go stay in a hotel again! It was worth every penny.

I absolutely love this time of year. I have always loved Christmas and now that I have children of my own, things are even more exciting and special. I am so thankful for my Savior and everything that he did and continues to do on my behalf. I feel so blessed. As I sit in my rocking chair holding and looking at Karter it makes me wonder what sort of things were going through Mary's mind as she lay in a stable holding and looking at her baby, Jesus. There is nothing more precious or heartwarming than snuggling and looking into the eyes of your baby. I am sure that she felt the very same feelings that I feel for my children. How strong of a woman she had to have been. I am so thankful for her. I am so excited for Christmas!
Here are the kids pretending to be Santa....Shane and Kolten trying to do a "cool" move into the water. Too bad Shane landed flat on his back and was left with a red welt that covered one whole side of his back for the rest of the night LOL!!! Real cool;)

No comments: