Our day started out very early as Shane, Kaylee, Nana and myself headed to the hospital at 5 a.m. exactly 12 hours before Karter was born. We were scheduled to be at the hospital by 7 so that they could induce my labor. They started the pitocin at about 8 a.m. and broke my water at 10:30. After a couple of hours I was ready for my epidural and then all that was left was to wait.....It seemed like we waited forever. At 4:30 p.m. my nurse came in to check me and I was finally dilated to a 5. She rolled me over to my other side and said she would be back to check me again before her shift ended at 5. It was only about 15 minutes later I sent my mom for the nurse because I was starting to feel a lot of pressure. While she was gone I told Shane that he needed to go find them fast because the baby was coming.
The nurse came in and sure enough it was time. She called for the doctor to hurry and get there. She told me not to do anything because she didn't want to have to catch the baby unless she absolutely had to! It was the hardest thing ever, but I was able to do some intense breathing and wait for the doctor to get there. I have never been so happy to see a doctor in my life:) Dr. Naisbitt ran into the room, got his gear on and Karter was born at 5:01!
Kaylee and Brittany were also lucky enough to be there for the big event. Kaylee did really well for being so excited and patiently waiting throughout a very long day. Papa brought Kolten and Kolby for a visit later that evening. Boone, Megan, Bobby and Ollie also came to see Karter. It was a great day!!
2 comments:
He is precious, and I love love love that last one of Kaylee and Karter, so precious. Congrats to you guys, hopefully we'll be able to meet him soon!
Congrats! He is super cute...and you look great too!
Post a Comment