We headed down to Thanksgiving Point Friday night and stayed in a motel just a short walking distance to the starting line of the race. Shane, Nana, Kolten, Kaylee, and Kolby came to see us off just before 7 am. It was a little chilly outside when we started but by the time we finished the weather was great. For me, the 11th mile was probably the hardest one, I was starting to get pretty tired. But, once Britt and I (we were running partners) reached the 12th mile sign I knew there was only one more mile to go and the closer we got to the end we could hear the crowd cheering which gave me a much needed boost of energy and excitement. When we turned the corner for the last one tenth of a mile, we could see the finish line and our own personal cheering section. It was such a great feeling to see the finish line and everyone (because Bobby and Dad had both finished before us) cheering us on!! It felt even greater to cross the finish line and to know that I had finished strong and was able to run the entire time.
I am glad that I had the opportunity to run in the 1/2 marathon. It is nice to know that I was able to accomplish something that in the beginning, I really didn't know if I could or not. It was fun having Britt, Bobby and Dad to train with too. We all kept each other motivated and would share tips that we had heard from others who had ran in one before! I am thankful for Shane and Mom helping out with the kids every weekend when I needed to head out for a couple of hours to run. I am thankful for Kolten, Kaylee, and Kolby too who were there cheering me on and told me how proud of me they were! They have suffered a little bit this spring with all of the training and homework that I have been doing and I am thankful that they have been so understanding. I can't wait to spend the summer focusing on them!!
3 comments:
I can't believe I gave birth to such an athlete! Mama's proud of you. :)
Good job! So awesome. Glad you had such a great support team too. You and Brittany look great(and your dad and Bobby too:)
Yay! I can't believe we did it either. It feels great. Thanks for being my running buddy. Now on to the triathalon!
Post a Comment