Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Pretty much the best day ever!"

Kolten declared yesterday "pretty much the best day ever!" After waiting many long months he has finally lost his first tooth!!!! He really wanted to lose one during the school year, but the year came and went without even a single wiggle. It wasn't until Memorial Day weekend that one started to bother him while he was eating some corn on the cob. He wiggled and worked with it for quite a while until it was finally ready to come out.

Shane and I had to do some pretty heavy convincing before he decided that he would let me try pulling it out ONCE with a pair of plyers:) I was actually a bit nervous myself that I would pull my hardest and it wouldn't come out. But, as you can see it worked and wasn't even bad at all. He was SUPER EXCITED and carried it around with him all day long.
He woke up bright and early this morning and came running into my bedroom to show me what the Tooth Fairy had left him.....a nice crisp one dollar bill. He couldn't have been happier!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

How exciting for Kolten. He is getting so big! I can't believe he is already losing teeth. I can't believe you actually agreed to pull it out with pliers. Yuck. I guess you were both pretty brave to attempt that!

Marsha said...

What an important milestone! I am happy the Tooth Fairy found you Kolten! Congratulations - you look great.

Josh and Alayna said...

Whoa that is awesome! Those pliers look brutal. I don't think I was ever as brave as Kolten. That is really cool you guys got to go to the Temple open house and that is so sweet what Kolten and Kaylee said.

Kristy & Miguel said...

Oh I remeber those days of getting the plyers out! Ya for Kolton! He is getting really old!