Thursday, January 8, 2009

From 1 pig to 8 puppies

Last Friday afternoon, our laundry room went from being the home of 1 pig, Tuff, to 8 brand new puppies! Now, I really am not excited about the whole puppy thing again. I know that they are very cute, but I keep remembering what I just barely went through last spring! Josie, our blue healer had her 2nd litter of puppies on Friday. There were originally 9 puppies, but one died Saturday morning. We aren't sure what happened, but I think that Josie might have layed on her. Unfortunately I was the one that found it, and even though I wasn't excited about her having 9 puppies, I was a little sad.
The kids absolutely love them and hold them all of the time. We have a "runt" this time and it is soooo cute and small! It is kinda our favorite, but Josie is very protective of it. She doesn't even like me or Shane to carry it around. We think she worries a little about it. She keeps trying to move all of her puppies out to the family room. I am not ok with that! I think that she just wants to be around us and not locked in the laundry room all day:) We did pretty well selling them last time and are hoping to do so again.






















Kolten and Kaylee are taking advantage of Josie being gone feeding with Shane! They immediately went for "Runt"!

This last picture is of "Runt" (the one with spots) laying next to one of his sisters. We were trying to show how much smaller he is, but I don't know how well you can tell from the picture.

3 comments:

Josh and Alayna said...

Oh they are so cute. I really wish we could have one. I notice that they still have their tails...
Looks like the kids are really lovin them! I hope the runt grows. We need to play games when we get together instead of wathing football and playstation:)

Marsha said...

What fun for the kids - not so much for you huh?! They are mighty fine pups though, hope they go to good owners- just not us!

Kristy & Miguel said...

Oh they are the cutiest things ever! But a handfull for you! Good luck with all of that!