Friday, January 14, 2011

Baptism and Blessing

On New Years Eve we had a small private baptism for Kolten and blessing for Karter. It was such a special night for our family. Kolten was really excited about getting baptized and was also excited about sharing his special day with Karter. Shane baptized Kolten and blessed Karter. I was one proud mother! It was a little surreal to think that I had a son old enough to get baptized. I started crying when I saw Kolten walk out of the dressing room dressed all in white. He had the biggest smile on his face. I am so proud of him and the choices that he is already making in his life. He is such a wonderful son and we are so proud of him and I know that his Heavenly Father is too.

Kolten and Karter were able to share their special day with; Mom, Dad, Kaylee, Kolby, Nana, Papa, Breanna, Bobby, Britt, Oliver, Josh, Alayna, Eliza, Kyle, Grandma, Grandpa, Mr. Erickson, L'nette, Newt, Dusty and Bishop and Sister Kofford. After the baptism some of us headed to Nana and Papa's house for dinner and a New Years Eve party. Kolten was able to open some special baptism gifts when we got back to too. He got some scriptures, a hymn book and journal, some scripture markers and some cash!
Dad and Kolten
Dad and KarterKaylee and KoltenNana and KarterEliza, Kolby, Kyle, Kaylee, Kolten, Karter and Ollie
Our Family
Nana, Kolten and PapaKarter looking so cute in his blessing outfit!Kolten opening his scripturesKolten and Karter with their special cake

1 comment:

Josh and Alayna said...

EKKKKKO...the first letters of all the kids. Just thought that was kind of funny and cute... and kinda weird of me to think of that. Anyway we are so glad we were able to be there witness a great day. Both those boys are awesome and adorable and we love them!