Thursday, September 9, 2010

First Day of School

I know that this is a little late, but my computer was acting up every time I would try and rotate my pictures. I decided to give it a try again today since Shane is around so he could help me figure it out and what do you know, it decided to work....go figure!!
Kolten is a big 2nd grader this year! I can't believe it. He is getting so big and old! He thinks it is pretty cool that they are the "oldest" kids in the school this year;) His teacher this year is Mr. Erickson, who is a good family friend, and he is totally connecting with him. He loves that Mr. Erickson is a big UW fan! Kolten used to call Mr. Erickson "Uncle Bill" when he was younger, it was a little weird for him to get used to calling him "Mr. Erickson." He is excited that they have started studying reptiles and LOVES playing football at recess!
Kaylee started Kindergarten this year and is really enjoying it. She was really excited and nervous about starting school and being gone all day. I think that she has adjusted well. Kaylee's teacher this year is Mrs. Micheli, who is perfect for Kaylee! Kaylee and I are both excited for our first field trip together tomorrow to Benedicts! She loves doing projects and was thrilled that they were able to make their own "gack" (gooey, slimy stuff) last week. She has played with it ever day since she brought it home. She was excited to finally be able to wear her new dress she picked out while we were school shopping, and wanted to make sure her hair looked good;) She is so funny like that sometimes, but comes by it naturally I guess!
Kolby and I are still adjusting to having such a quiet house these days. We are really enjoying our time together. We have been going to story hour at the library and the park, along with having some friends over. Sometimes we don't know what to do with the peace and quiet, but we are enjoying it while we can because we know once the new baby comes things won't be the same;)

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Is that the first time you said baby or am I slow? Congrats! When are you due?

Marsha said...

The first day of school is always so exciting. They looked so cute! And I have GOT to find Kolby some more homework. ha!