Monday, July 26, 2010

24th of July Celebrations!

Every year on the 24th of July our little valley celebrates our pioneer heritage. It was on the 24th of July when the pioneers entered the Salt Lake Valley after a very long and hard journey across the desert plains. We love the celebrations and try and make it to all of them! This year Brittany and I had the crazy idea of entering the triathlon. We decided after we ran our 1/2 marathon in April, since we were in such good shape, we should continue and compete in the Pioneer Days triathlon. Since Brittany has a bike (and somewhere good to ride it;) she was the biker, I was the runner, and we found a friend, Jill, who was willing to be our swimmer. It was a really run experience and I am glad we did it. Bobby was a trooper and did the entire triathlon himself! I don't know that I will ever be attempting that on my own. The kids participated in a "fun run" while they waited for us to finish. I am hoping to talk Kolten into doing the kid triathlon next year, I know he would do great!
After the triathlon we went and claimed our spot along the road for the parade. We love the 24th parade and it was really good this year. The kids got a TON of candy and enjoyed watching all of the floats go by. However, they weren't impressed with those who didn't throw any candy......typical kid reaction I guess. It was a nice day and after the parade we headed back to Nana's house for a much needed shower and some lunch. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out and visiting with family.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

What a woman to run while preggers! We have been having too much fun...let's keep it up!