Wednesday, February 3, 2010

RaNdOm

I am feeling a little guilty about not updating for so long! We have been keeping ourselves super busy, just not really doing anything cool enough to blog about;) However, I decided to post a few random pictures of us and let you know we are all still alive......just VERY busy!
Kolten brought home this purple paper the other day, which meant that he had a "WOW" day! It is a pretty special thing to get a "wow" day because it means that you were extra good that day. He said that he did a really good job at raising his hand all day, and his teacher thought it deserved some recognition. Way to go Kolten!! He was pretty proud and so were we!!
Kaylee was excited to sport this new Valentines Day shirt to school on Tuesday. We also made her hair into a heart and she was thrilled! She looked so cute and couldn't wait to show it to her teachers. She did mention the other morning while I was rushing Kolten to get out of the door for school how we were EVER going to have enough time to do her hair before school next year. That made me laugh.....she obviously sees all of the comotion that goes on in the mornings and is getting a little nervous about how she is going to end up looking next year for school! I reassured her that it would be fine and that we would just have to get up earlier (I am NOT looking forward to that one, but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess).
Kolby is just as cute as ever and continues to make us laugh ALL THE TIME! He is such a funny little guy! He is also very laid back, which is a good thing, unless you are trying to potty train! We have attempted this task a few times, but he just isn't concerned about it one bit. Maybe someday......Shane had a kidney infection and some small kidney stones about a week ago. He was hurting pretty badly for a few days but is doing much better now. He would DIE if he knew I actually put this picture on...... We were having a "hula hooping" contest the other night and they just couldn't outdo me! Shane tried and tried but didn't even come close to beating my score of 98! I couldn't resist;)I have been crazy busy and feel like my brain never has a second to rest, but it has been good for me. I have started up college classes again and am taking 6 credits over the internet this semester. It has been a major adjustment fitting that into everything else, but I am excited. I am still faithfully training for that half marathon in April and am looking forward to some slightly warmer weather for running outside (I know I may be waiting a while;). I am in charge of Kolten's Valentine Party next week, and my church calling is still very busy, but I love working with the Young Women and have a great bunch of girls!
Hopefully we will have something a little more exciting to post in weeks to come;)

6 comments:

allison said...

Ahhh, I remember my mom braiding my hair in a heart shape every Valentine's Day and I was so excited and wanted to show it off to everyone too! That's so cute! Way to go on taking classes and training for a half marathon, you determined woman!

Shannon said...

Wow, Beth, you are doing so many GREAT things! I think that is awesome. Keep it up; you are inspiring all of us :).

Kristy & Miguel said...

Wow you do sound busy! Kolby is so cute and getting so big! Good job on the Hula hoop contest, I don't think i've tried doing that since i was 12 yrs old! Sounds like fun!

Josh and Alayna said...

Good job to Kolten for having a WOW day! You guys do sound very busy. Keep up the good work with school and running. Awesome! Shane looks like he could be natural hoola hooper with a little more practice.

Breanna said...

aww... you guys are just so cute! I hope shane gets feeling better, and that you're doing well in school. Tell the kids that i said hi!

Marsha said...

You do so much for so many people, I'm glad you are making time for yourself with school and running. You deserve it!

Looks like you have all been accomplishing a lot. Kolten - wow for the "wow", Kaylee - you always look beautiful, Kolby -you are just too fun and Shaner, maybe you can hoola hoop those stones out. Ha.