We recently purchased a new treadmill to help me train for a half marathon (13 miles) that I plan on doing in April (yes, I am CRAZY). It is going to be at Thanksgiving Point and Britt talked me into doing it with her. The kids are totally obsessed with the "new toy" and constantly beg to get on it. Shane and I have both told them repeatedly that it isn't a toy and they shouldn't be playing on it. Well, Kolten just wouldn't let up. We gave up arguing with him and this is how it ended.................He got it going way too fast, slipped and got stuck in between the wall and the spinning belt. Luckily we weren't far and Shane was able to stop it quickly but Kolten still was left with some MAJOR road rash!! He is lucky he wasn't hurt worse. I have to admit that I did laugh a little when he lifted up his shirt and really wanted to say "I told you so." I am glad that he is ok, a little sore but ok, and also a glad that he learned a valuable lesson today, even if it was the hard way....
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Lesson Learned the Hard Way
We recently purchased a new treadmill to help me train for a half marathon (13 miles) that I plan on doing in April (yes, I am CRAZY). It is going to be at Thanksgiving Point and Britt talked me into doing it with her. The kids are totally obsessed with the "new toy" and constantly beg to get on it. Shane and I have both told them repeatedly that it isn't a toy and they shouldn't be playing on it. Well, Kolten just wouldn't let up. We gave up arguing with him and this is how it ended.................He got it going way too fast, slipped and got stuck in between the wall and the spinning belt. Luckily we weren't far and Shane was able to stop it quickly but Kolten still was left with some MAJOR road rash!! He is lucky he wasn't hurt worse. I have to admit that I did laugh a little when he lifted up his shirt and really wanted to say "I told you so." I am glad that he is ok, a little sore but ok, and also a glad that he learned a valuable lesson today, even if it was the hard way....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh my gosh! It is so hard for me to hold back the "I told you so" when someone has it coming, so way to go! Poor kid!
Ouch. I guess he learned his lesson.
Kolten said he's never getting on it again and Kaylee said she isn't either. If he wants to get in shape he should run the Wii course while you do the treadmill. Surely he couldn't get hurt doing that!
Ow. I am glad you got a treadmill though, and good luck training. Kolten obviously won't be training with you anymore. And I hope his little body gets back together again!
Ouch that looks pretty painful!
Post a Comment