Monday, October 19, 2009

Cattle Drive

Shane and I had the opportunity to spend the day Saturday on horseback bringing our cows back to Robertson for the winter. It was a beautiful day (thankfully, because I am definately a "fair weather" cowgirl and would have stayed home if it would have been cold:) and we had a great time! We were the only ones on horses and the rest of the help rode 4-wheelers. It was fun for us to be able to spend the day together doing something that we both enjoy. We traveled over some really beautiful country. The kids stayed with Shane's mom and she had Eliza too so all the cousins had a fun day together! We would have to admit that we were pretty saddle sore the next day though-it is a tough price we have to pay for not riding the horses NEAR enough throughout the summer!

The long line of cattle!

I could't resist this picture of Kolby:)

This last picture is from a couple of weekends ago when Kolten got to go deer hunting with his dad. They saw a few bucks but let them go, they had a great time even if they came home empty handed:)

4 comments:

allison said...

ahhh, I miss riding horses! How fun! And I love cattle drives, I'm glad you got to go!

Marsha said...

Yee Haw! Hope your bum is better!

Kristy & Miguel said...

The last time i was on a horse i got bucked off..So i don't envy the fact that you were on horses. But it does look like a fun day for your guys!

Josh and Alayna said...

I hope you are all recooperated(sp?). You and Shane make a cute country couple:) I was sore right after we got done, and Sunday was worse, but it was a really nice day!